DRACULA

« Older   Newer »
Janis_rm
view post Posted on 4/2/2013, 23:31

No, non sono tutte donne.

Daniel Knauf, l'autore dello script, ha fatto capire in un tweet, che nel ruolo del fidanzato di Mina, il giovane avvocato Jonathan Harker, ci sarà un bel ragazzo :hmm:

Chi potrebbe essere?

kiokkio
view post Posted on 5/2/2013, 22:25

beh tenendo conto che, se mi dici bel ragazzo mi viene in mente solo jonny non so che dirti ;) sicuramente sarà un ragazzo inglese o irlandese....che attore carino c'è di queste nazionalità?! collin farrel a parte!!!

Janis_rm
view post Posted on 19/2/2013, 23:31

Ahhahha, effettivaemente anche a me la parola bel ragazzo mi fa venire in mente solo Jonathan ;)

Ecco i nomi, e i volti, dei nuovi attori che interpreranno Van Helsing, il nemico di Dracula, e Jonathan Harker, il fidanzato di Mina.

NBC's 'Dracula' Drama Finds its Van Helsing in Thomas Kretschmann

"Mr. Selfridge's" Oliver Jackson-Cohen has also joined the cast of the Jonathan Rhys Meyers series as a journalist.

NBC's Dracula drama has found its Van Helsing.

King Kong and The River alum Thomas Kretschmann will play the legendary role of Abraham Van Helsing, while Mr. Selfridge's Oliver Jackson-Cohen has joined the cast of the Jonathan Rhys Meyers series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The series, which bypassed the traditional pilot stage, takes place in the 1890s and finds Dracula (Meyers) living a double life in London as an American businessman interested in bringing modern science to Victorian society. But his true plan -- to exact revenge on those who burdened him centuries ago -- is derailed when he falls in love with Mina (Arrow's Jessica DeGouw), who seems to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.

In NBC's version, Van Helsing is not the classic hero featured in so many retellings. Here, he's a brilliant professor with a cool exterior who is obsessed with revenge and makes him more of a threat to the public than to Dracula.

Jackson-Cohen, meanwhile, will play Jonathan Harker, a tenacious journalist desperate to climb the ranks of aristocracy and stay there in the 10-episode drama.

Based on a script by co-exec producer Cole Haddon, Dracula will be exec produced by former HBO Films president Colin Callendar for Playground, Tony Krantz (24, Sports Night) for Flame Ventures and Gareth Neame (Downton Abbey) for Carnival Films, a division of NBCUniversal International Television Production, Dan Knauf (Carnivale) and Universal Television. Sky's head of drama Anne Mensah will serve as commissioning editor.

Kretschmann, whose credits also include playing Dracula in last year's Dario Argento feature and Hostel: Part III, is repped by APA and Myman Abel. WME and Management 360-repped Jackson-Cohen's credits include World Without End and the feature The Raven.

The duo join a cast that also includes Irish actress Victoria Smurfit as Lady Jayne, Merlin's Katie McGrath and Game of Thrones' Nonso Anozie, who play Mina's best friend Lucy Westenra and Allan Grayson's (aka Dracula) loyal confidante, respectively. NBC is eyeing Dracula for fall 2013.

Fonte : Hollywood Reporter

Curiosità : Thomas Kretschmann ha appena interpretato Dracula nel film di Dario Argento, uscito pochi mesi fa. E Mina era interpretata da Asia Argento, ex di Jonathan.
Quando si dice com'è piccolo il mondo !!! :P

E' ufficiale: le riprese di DRACULA sono iniziate oggi!!! :hurrah: :hurrah:

Cole Haddon@colehaddon
Production of "DRACULA" (#NBCDracula) has officially begun!
7:20 p.m. - Feb 19, 2013

kiokkio
view post Posted on 19/2/2013, 23:44

mi piace questo cast!! nuuu sono già iniziate e foto di jonny all'aereoporto?? oh paparazzi?? fans?? dove siete?? speriamo esca presto qualche fotina di jonny sul set!!

ignorerò la menzione su Asia Argento ;), mi dispiace per lui ma, b. monkey è uno dei film più brutti che abbia visto <_<

kiokkio
view post Posted on 11/3/2013, 21:21

prime foto dal set...quanta eleganza!! :wub:

png

Edited by kiokkio - 11/3/2013, 21:44

Janis_rm
view post Posted on 11/3/2013, 23:00

Davvero un damerino!!! :hurrah:

Una ragazza che ha fatto la comparsa in questi giorni ha commentato com'è stato
Jonny sul set:

Jonathan Rhys Meyers‏@jrhysmeyerscom
In the words of an extra on set Jonny is 'calm, relaxed, laid back and jokes about when on breaks' #NBCDracula

7 hrsLana Marlow‏@daniella_lana
@jrhysmeyerscom yes, I was say that. :) He was really sweet and nice, kind. I really like him.

3:43 p.m. - Mar 11, 2013 · Details

Jonathan Rhys Meyers‏@jrhysmeyerscom
@daniella_lana Aw was it you? That's so lovely, glad you got to meet him!

Lana Marlow‏@daniella_lana
@jrhysmeyerscom yes. :) I hope I will shooting with him again soon.

Janis_rm
view post Posted on 19/4/2013, 21:59

L'8 Aprile, a Budapest, c'è stata una conferenza stampa per presentare Dracula ai giornalisti.

Non sappiamo ancora quali e qiuanti giornalisti c'erano.

Delle foto sono state pubblicate sul sito di Getty Images e noi le abbiamo postate nella discussione dei Photoshoot

Per il momento abbiamo questa anticipazione : il 26 aprile (inizialmente avevano detto il 30) un' intervista a Jonathan sarà diffusa dal programma SZERETETTEL HOLLYWOODBOL della TV Ungherese

Potrete guardarlo dal giorno dopo su questo link, scrivendo il titolo del programma nella casella Search.

www.mtv.hu

Qui è con la giornalista che ha fatto l'intervista e ha pubblicato la foto e la notizia sulla pagina FB del programma

Anche questa giornalista ha psotato le foto con Jonathan e ha patrlato della conferenza stampa nel suo blog.
Che però è in finanlandese......

http://kirpinhollywood.files.wordpress.com...-rhys-myers.jpg

Questa foto è stata scattata durante l'incontro con la stampa all'Hotel Four Season

Questa invece con altri giornalisti e parte del cast, la sera stessa al ristorante Fausto

kiokkio
view post Posted on 19/4/2013, 23:07

un giornalista italiano mai eh!? dobbiamo tradurci anche l'aramaico tra un pò ;) però grazie mille Regina sei sempre sul pezzo ;)

Janis_rm
view post Posted on 23/4/2013, 21:26

Ecco i primi articoli

Can the world's oldest vampire resurrect Johnny Rhys Meyers?; As he films his new role as Dracula, the actor is calm, sober and happy - for now. So...

By Patricia Danaher- April 20th 2013

Irish Daily Mail

© 2013 Associated Newspapers. All rights reserved

Jonathan Rhys Meyers leans forward and fixes me with his piercing eyes, their blue-green colour striking as he speaks deliberately and seriously.

‘It’s almost like the ultimate fear of a man to have a monster growing inside them and then to have that monster take him over — it’s the ultimate sadness,’ the Cork-born actor says.

He is talking about Dracula, the dark role he plays in a new series, but he could easily be talking about himself. After struggling through a difficult upbringing and childhood, Rhys Meyers rose meteorically through the acting world after he came to the attention of casting agents in Cork.

He won acclaim for his intense and brooding performances — but soon became just as well known for his tempestuous life off-screen. He made headlines for multiple arrests and stints in rehab and, while he repeatedly swore off drink, Rhys Meyers always seemed to be fighting against himself.

‘Dracula is the ultimate monster,’ the actor says, speaking in the Four Seasons Hotel in Budapest, where the series is filming until July.

‘Bram Stoker picked up on this manifestation of a man from a normal human being into a power beyond human power. It started in Marino in Dublin for Bram Stoker and then he travelled to London to actually write the story and discovered where he could take this character.’ Rhys Meyers has rarely played cuddly or cute in film or television roles. There is an intensity to him in person and onscreen which he does not deny.

‘Can I be scary? I’m not quite sure I’m the person to answer that,’ he laughs. ‘I think I could be. I try to be as charming as possible, but everybody’s got their off days.

‘I have something in my physicality that lends to a slight haughtiness and, I suppose, arrogance that I portray. I don’t try to do it purposely, but onscreen that’s what comes off. I’ve got quite direct eyes that lend to a slight scariness that I’m able to do. I’m not quite sure I’ll be playing that many heroes in my life.’ The portrayal of Dracula in the new NBC/Sky series is a new take on the old story — described as ‘twisted, sophisticated and provocative’.

Dracula arrives in London posing as an American entrepreneur who claims to be bringing modern science to Victorian society, while in reality planning to wreak havoc on those who ruined his life centuries earlier.

Rhys Meyers, it seems, believes he is perfectly suited to the role — and he speaks about it enthusiastically.

‘I’m almost 36 and I think it makes sense to have Dracula in his mid-30s. He has to have that element of vitality and I like him being younger, erotic and diabolical at the same time.’ Rhys Meyers, who is incredibly well read, is philosophical about the recent popularity of vampire-driven plots and franchises, fuelled by everything from Bram Stoker to Twilight creator Stephanie Meyer.

‘The modern obsession with vampires is, I suppose, connected to eternal youth,’ he says. ‘You don’t age once you become a vampire, which is always attractive to humans for some reason. If you’ve been around for 400 years, you’re going to have an immense amount of charm and wealth. It’s diabolical but attractive.

‘Would I like to live forever? Of course it would be very attractive to live forever if I was to stay the same age as I am now, with all the emotions that I have and experience I’ve gathered — but that’s not Dracula’s journey.

‘He has to live forever in emptiness and I’m not sure I’d like to be imprisoned by my loss and to live forever in that way. If I could live as I am now, forever, then yes, I’d definitely want that. But I would hate to live forever like Dracula.’ Rhys Meyers, who has had more than his share of loss and turbulent experiences, is particularly introspective when discussing the role. The ten-part drama is set to air in the autumn and could also boost the US career of another Irish star, Victoria Smurfit.

Sitting comfortably in a casual white V-neck shirt and tan blazer, Rhys Meyers seems more at home in his own skin — and in his newest role — than he ever did when he was making headlines for drunken rants and violent fights.

In 2007, Rhys Meyers was arrested in Dublin Airport for being drunk and disorderly. Two years later, he was arrested in Paris’s Charles de Gaulle airport when he assaulted a barman who refused to pour him a drink, then attempted to resist three officers trying to arrest him and threatened to kill both them and their families.

As the downward spiral continued and he entered rehab again in 2011, he was dropped as the face of Hugo Boss, for whom he had been advertising since 2006. Then, while he earned significant praise for his performance in The Tudors, his erratic behaviour and tempestuous personality raised questions about who, if anyone, would give him further work.

In addition, he had a notoriously stormy relationship with on-again, off-again girlfriend Reena Hammer, with police even called during one particularly violent fight.

Multiple times in the past, Rhys Meyers has claimed he’s given up alcohol and put his wild ways behind him — and again, as he works on Dracula, this is the case. He has stopped drinking, has reportedly been treated for depression and everyone on set claims he is heavily committed to the project.

Among them is Smurfit and another Irish actress, Katie McGrath, whom Rhys Meyers worked with on the Tudors. She plays the winsome Lucy, while Smurfit plays Lady Jane, a vampire killer and socialite.

‘It’s a pleasure to work with women like that,’ Rhys Meyers says. ‘I get a great joy out of it. Victoria is very, very clever and powerful and she has this incredible elegance.

‘Katie I’ve known for a long time and she’s from this very beautiful Irish family. She’s very well educated and has a degree from Trinity that she did before going off to become an actress. Her talent and beauty is matched with an incredible intuitiveness and brain power. Those two keep me in line — that’s always a good thing.’ Rhys Meyers has dated his share of beautiful women over the years. His eight-year relationship with British heiress Reena Hammer finally came to an end late last year after several break-ups and reunions.

Since January, he and Australian model Victoria Keon-Cohen have moved into a €3.5million home in London, although he is based in Budapest until Dracula finishes filming in July.

He says his intensity extends from his working life into personal relationships. ‘If I find somebody attractive, I pay more attention and I try to pour on all the sort of Irish lilty charm,’ he says. ‘If it’s a woman I really, really want, she sees through it very quickly.

‘I love women; I truly love women, not just in the essence of “I love her and I have to have her”. I can sit with a beautiful woman and I can have dinner with them and I don’t need to have a hidden agenda. I love their company.

‘There’s something soft, something delicate and there’s something very powerful and strong at the same time, which I really appreciate. I love their company and most of my friends are women anyway.’ Rhys Meyers says he is fascinated by stars of years gone by and the grace they displayed.

‘I kind of fancy all the ones from the past, you know? Maybe Ava Gardner in her day or maybe Ingrid Bergman in her day. I think I prefer the old world movie stars. Marlene Dietrich would have been interesting. She’d have been at least a bit of a challenge, you know?’ His affection for women is not surprising as he was incredibly close to his late mother Geraldine. His father left when he was very young and even after he became successful, Rhys Meyers and his mother were in constant contact.

She died after a short illness in 2007, leaving him devastated.

At the time, he was photographed on a London street drinking cider at 10am, wearing a black donkey jacket with the collar turned up as he wandered along swigging straight from the can. Now, however, Rhys Meyers seems better adjusted and off the booze — and heavily invested in the dark character he’s portraying.

‘Bela Lugosi and Christopher Lee did versions of Dracula that I appreciate, but Gary Oldman’s performance is for me the best,’ he says. ‘This is a very modern take on Dracula. We’ve eliminated a lot of the unexplainable supernaturality and given very human explanations as to why things are happening to the main character. You’re not going to see our Dracula flying across the sky,’ he says. ‘That said, it’s now the kind of show that could run on and move into many different eras, even into the future.’ Exactly what lies in Rhys Meyers’ future, however, remains to be seen. Dracula, as the actor states himself, is stuck forever in time, in an enduring state of emptiness.

But as Rhys Meyers bites into this new role and series, perhaps he will be able to move on once and for all — and fill his life with more critical acclaim and less controversy.

‘I’ve got direct eyes that lend to scariness’

‘I love women. I love their company’

Thanks to :http://stephany-france.tumblr.com/

Jonathan Rhys Meyers promises ‘Dracula’ will be provocative, erotic

By Sonya Faria (@SonyaWrites) at 9:15 am, April 22, 2013

Dracula star Jonathan Rhys Meyers is finally speaking out about his new role playing the infamous vampire and what fans can expect from the show.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers will be playing Dracula himself on the show coming to NBC for the Fall of 2013 season. The series will take place in the 19th century as Dracula returns to London with some unfinished business. What he didn’t plan on was meeting a woman who he believes to be the reincarnation of his dead wife.

Rhys Meyers reveals that the role isn’t the easiest, having to play someone who is both terrifying and alluring. Although, he can surely draw experience from his times playing King Henry VIII on The Tudors. Rhys Meyers explains to The Sun, “I have to make him diabolical and erotic at the same time and let it pass between these two things so that it’s a balance between, ‘Oh my God, I’m really repulsed by this but I can’t stop watching.’”

Back in January, NBC Entertainment Chairman Bob Greenblatt teased that Dracula would be based on the original Bram Stoker novel but that it would also have its own original elements. Rhys Meyers seems to echo this sentiment saying he even pulls some of his character’s inspiration from his own personal experiences. The actor explains, “I’ve taken my part of my interpretation of Dracula from the book, part of it from the history of Vlad Tepes [the Impaler] himself and partly from my own personal experiences, both the good and the bad. These will all come out.”

Many fans of the actor have been wondering how much sexy NBC would allow on the show. Rhys Meyers doesn’t dissapoint when he promises to bring eroticism to the series. “We are working very hard to make it as erotic, as entertaining and as provocative as we can possibly make it, so that people can enjoy it,” Said the actor.

Fonte Hypable

There’s something about me physically which makes me look just a little bit dangerous…

When Dubliner Bram Stoker sat down to write his horror classic Dracula he could have been channelling actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers.
Everyone working on the set of the upcoming NBC/Sky series of the same name, which airs later this year, says the Cork native was born to play the role.

It’s the whiff of danger around Rhys Meyers that makes him the perfect seductive vampire.

Speaking to me on the Budapest set of the new series, he’s inclined to agree.

He said: “I have to make him diabolical and erotic at the same time and let it pass between these two things so that it’s a balance between, ‘Oh my God, I’m really repulsed by this but I can’t stop watching.’”

Vampires have been everywhere in recent years, from True Blood to the Twilight phenomenon, but Rhys Meyers does a compelling and terrifying Dracula like you’ve never seen before.

He told me: “There’s something about me physically which makes me look a little dangerous. I have too much of the serpent in me to play someone erstwhile.

“I don’t get offered that many sweet parts because directors have this idea that I always want to be incredibly serious and that’s not necessarily the case.

“Parts like August Rush and Bend It Like Beckham are sadly few and far between.

“I wouldn’t exactly call myself Twilight material! I’m nearly 36 and a bit older than most people think I am.”

It’s hard to believe how much Rhys Meyers has packed into those years.

He’s made more than 30 movies, won a Golden Globe for playing Elvis in Diamond Goldmine and was nominated for another for his unforgettable portrayal of King Henry XIII on The Tudors.

He is represented by the Ennis-born uberagent Hylda Queally, who has clients like Nicole Kidman and Marion Cotillard on her books.

This is Jonathan’s first television show since those five years spent filming The Tudors in Co Wicklow.

He likes moving between film and television, likes being in Europe and is very happy to be working with two Irish actresses on Dracula.

Victoria Smurfit plays a seductive vampire killer, Lady Jane, and Katie McGrath, who worked with Jonathan on The Tudors, plays Lucy Westenra.

Jonathan said: “Katie is an angel who I’ve known for a long time and I’m incredibly fond of her. She’s very grounded and very well educated.

“Victoria has this incredible elegance that’s very different to Katie and she’s very, very powerful. It’s a pleasure to work with women like that. They keep me in line.”

He was in a long-term relationship with heiress Reena Hammer for over eight years, but they split in 2012.

He now lives with Australian model Victoria Keon-Cohen in London.

He’s also reportedly been off the booze for a few years now after a series of embarrassing and very public incidents.

Everyone talks of how calm and focused he is on Dracula and how much he brings to the part.

He said of the filming: “I don’t get much time to go out really. I try to go home to London once a month, but I live very quietly here in Budapest. Some trips to restaurants with people are always nice.

“Hungarian is a very difficult language and mine is non-existent. There’s a charm in trying to communicate with people by not using a language. You have to search a little bit harder.”

Music has been a great passion of his for many years and he confesses that he thinks actors are really frustrated musicians. His father John O’Keeffe is a musician, as are his three brothers, who are in a band called Suzy’s Field.

He said: “It’s a strange thing to say but music allows you to smell things and I think that’s really important.

“Being from a family of musicians, I, of course, love to play music — but I’m not allowed to play with my brothers because I’m not good enough!

“‘You’re an actor,’ they say, ‘go act like you can sing, go act like you can play guitar!’ If I was in a fantasy band, I suppose my ego would say that I would definitely have to be the lead singer.

“Robert Plant would definitely be there. I’d probably have Keith Moon on drums… Django Reinhardt.

“The backing singers would be Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s qawwali party. I would do a few duets with Sade, Billie Holiday and Aretha. Cole Porter would write our music.”

A rich fantasy life indeed, and why not given the range of dark roles he plays?

With all the versions of Dracula there have been, from Bela Lugosi to Gary Oldman, I wondered how terrifying it was to undertake such an iconic role?

Jonathan revealed: “Gary Oldman was pretty spectacular because he brought romance as well as horror and he balanced the pain with the monster. I am not afraid of not being as good as somebody else and I am not afraid of being better than somebody else.

“I think I’m old enough now not to be intimidated by those who have come before me.

“Success has very little to do with me — beyond my performance and paying attention to what is happening on set. Success will be decided by the people who view it.

“We are working very hard to make it as erotic, as entertaining and as provocative as we can possibly make it, so that people can enjoy it.

“I’ve taken my part of my interpretation of Dracula from the book, part of it from the history of Vlad Tepes (aka Vlad the Impaler, who influenced Stoker’s character) himself and partly from my own personal experiences, both the good and the bad. These will all come out.”

DRACULA will be on Sky One later this year.

Interview by Patricia Danaher

Fonte : The Irish Sun

Working with Johnny is wild. He is like a ‘stallion’, says Victoria Smurfit

By Aisling Scally - April 20th, 2013

Irish Daily Mail

© 2013 Associated Newspapers. All rights reserved

Victoria Smurfit has been working with Jonathan Rhys Meyers on the new US series Dracula and she can count on one thing - working with the star is never predictable.

‘When you walk into a room with Johnny, it’s like walking into a scene with a stallion,’ she said. ‘You don’t know what he’s going to do. He’s very exciting to work with.’ Dracula, which is being filmed in Budapest, is based in the 1890s. The vampire, played by Rhys Meyers, arrives in London and becomes infatuated with a woman who appears to be a reincarnation of his dead wife - played by Ms Smurfit.

The duo aren’t the only Irish actors on the set - they’re also joined by Katie McGrath, from Wicklow. Ms Smurfit, 38, said: ‘[Rhys Meyers] and Katie and myself have a kind of Irish shorthand on the set and we’re often roaring laughing at things that no one else understands.’

Ms McGrath and Rhys Meyers worked together on The Tudors. Ms McGrath said: ‘Dracula and Johnny have a lot in common… They walk into a room and you don’t know what they are going to do. It’s what makes him such an exciting actor. He’s so intellectual. You think you know what he’s going to do, but he surprises you every time and then you have to respond.’

Dracula is expected to air in the US in autumn.

Fonte : Irish Daily Mail
tramite http://stephany-france.tumblr.com/tagged/irish-daily-mail

Janis_rm
view post Posted on 27/4/2013, 14:03

Ecco l'intervista, rilasciata l'8 aprile 2013 sul set di Dracula, e trasmessa iera sera alla TV Ungherese

Szeretettel Hollywoodból(interjú)

Purtroppo non si capisce molto, la traduzione unghjerese copre molto dell'intervista.
Ma il sito FB del programma ha promesso che ci sarà presto una versione del video senza la traduzione.

Il video è stato postato anche su You Tube

Grazie a Jonathan Rhys Meyers Hungary

Janis_rm
view post Posted on 14/5/2013, 21:35

:hurrah: :hurrah: :hurrah:

La NBC ha uffializzato il suo palinsesto invernale: Dracula andrà in onda il Venerdi sera alle ore 22, dopo GRIMM.

Il debutto sarà il 10/9

Sono state anche pubblicate alcune foto ufficiali e il trailer.

Ed ecco il trailer ufficiale
:hurrah: :hurrah: :hurrah:

Video

Ed ecco tutti i link dei media a cui la NBC partecipa:

Official site: www.nbc.com/dracula/

Like Dracula: https://www.facebook.com/NBCDracula
Follow Dracula: https://twitter.com/nbcdracula
Dracula Google+ https://plus.google.com/+NBCDracula
Dracula Pinterest: https://pinterest.com/nbcdracula/
Dracula Tumblr: http://nbcdracula.tumblr.com/
Dracula Instagram: http://instagram.com/nbcdracula

Janis_rm
view post Posted on 14/5/2013, 21:53

Sono stati pubblicati tantissimi articoli su queste anticipazioni, quasi tutti molto positivi.

Eccone alcuni:

Jonathan Rhys Meyers Sinks His Fangs Into NBC's Dracula Trailer

Author: Kelly West

Normally, I'm not sure we could celebrate a new series being scheduled for Fridays, but I think we can make an exception for Dracula, which is being paired nicely with Grimm when the supernatural drama moves back to Fridays this fall. The above trailer introduces us to Jonathan Rhys Meyers' Dracula, a vampire posing as an American entrepreneur looking to bring modern science to Victorian society in 19th century London.

A technologically-minded vampire is a forward-thinking vampire, and that's a vampire that's built to last, especially for Dracula in this story. But an appreciation for artificial forms of light is just a cover for this vampire. He has a score to settle with the society that sentenced him to a life of immortality.

The trailer for Dracula, which comes from Daniel Knauf, Tony Krantz, Colin Callender and Gareth Neame, teases a series that will be dramatic, glamorous, dangerous and at least a little bit bloody as Dracula witnesses and takes a liking to a woman who looks exactly like his dead wife. In addition to starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers, who's likely best known for his starring role in The Tudors, and thus, knows a thing or two about period pieces, Dracula stars Victoria Smurfit, Thomas Kretschmann, Jessica De Gouw, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Nonso Anozie and Katie McGrath. Kretschmann will play Van Helsing in the series.

Tonally, the series looks very different from Grimm, which is modern-day and has a bit more humor than what we can probably expect from Dracula, but the common thread of predatory, supernatural beings is present enough that these shows may very well share an audience. That's likely what NBC was hoping for when they set this new drama to air after Grimm on Friday nights this fall.

CINENMABLEND

Watch the first trailer from NBC's retro take on 'Dracula' with Jonathan Rhys Meyers

"The Tudors" star joins the producers of "Downton Abbey"

By Liane Bonin Starr Monday, May 13, 2013 1:22 PM

It's hard to argue that NBC's new series "Dracula" doesn't come with a pedigree. Starring "The Tudors" star and Golden Globe winner Jonathan Rhys Meyers, the show is also has the producers of "Downton Abbey" behind the scenes. They may have been able to reuse a few of the costumes from that show, too.

Set in the late 19th century, the show follows Dracula after his arrival in London posing as an American entrepreneur who wants to bring modern science to Victorian society. He's especially interested in the new technology of electricity, which promises to brighten the night -- useful for someone who avoids the sun. But he has another reason for his travels: he hopes to take revenge on those who cursed him with immortality centuries earlier. Everything seems to be going according to plan... until he becomes infatuated with a woman who appears to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.

HITFIX

First trailer for Jonathan Rhys Meyers' Dracula

The NBC re-imagining is from the producers of Downton Abbey and stars the man who made Henry VIII sexy

Written ByStephen Kelly 3:56 PM, 14 May 2013

Here’s something to sink your teeth into... NBC have released the first trailer for their sexed-up take on Dracula.

Starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers as the vampire himself, the series sees Dracula arrive in London posing as an American entrepreneur keen to bring modern science to the Victorian city. In reality, however, he seeks revenge on those who betrayed him centuries earlier. There’s only one distracting hitch in his plan: Dracula falls hopelessly in love with a woman who seems to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.

As made clear in the trailer itself, Dracula is from Carnival Films, the producers of Downton Abbey, and looks to be following the same sort of fast-and-loose re-imagining as Starz’s Da Vinci’s Demons.

Rhys Meyers should be in his element, though – the man who made Henry VIII smoulder in The Tudors should have no problem with the alluring Count...

Dracula is due to air on the US in the autumn and comes to Sky Living later this year.

See for yourself below.

www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-05-14/...-meyers-dracula

NBC brings 'Dracula' to TV this fall - sort of [video]

By Carolyn Kellogg
May 13, 2013, 12:02 p.m.

NBC will be bringing "Dracula" to audiences Friday nights in the fall. Today the network put the official preview of the show online, just in advance of the Upfronts, the multi-network previews for media writers and television critics.

"Dracula" has a number of things going for it, including actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers, a director from "The Tudors" and producers from "Downton Abbey." There are fancy costumes, dramatic lighting and, if the trailer is any measure, a very gothy atmosphere.

What's missing is the Bram Stoker part.

Since "Dracula" was published by Bram Stoker in 1897, it has been the source for many, many, many works of vampire fiction -- you might even say it is the source of all of them. The mythology of blood-sucking freaks was around before Stoker, but it has been his combination of quirks and foibles -- sleeping in a coffin, physical transformation, garlic avoidance, sucking blood from the neck of virginal maidens until they are depleted, eternal life until death is brought about by a stake in the heart -- that he rolled into one great story.

Some of these trappings are apparent in NBC's "Dracula" -- the setting in Victorian London, for instance. But the similarities quickly drain away: Our vampire is not from the mountains of Eastern Europe, he's from America, and he doesn't call himself Count Dracula. The vampire (Rhys Meyers) is apparently in some kind of battle with his own kind, a la Angel in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." And while Jonathan Harker and Mina Murray are still brought into the vampire's circle, she's no longer an innocent -- she appears to be an old flame (sorry, that's a bit of a pun, and not a particularly good one).

What with "Twilight," "True Blood" and the rest of the vampire stories that have found avid fans in popular culture, there is certainly room for another vampire fiction. Why call this one "Dracula" at all? It seems to have left Bram Stoker's original work far behind.

www.latimes.com/features/books/jack...0,2248690.story

Move over True Blood, NBC's Dracula just stole your Vampire sex magic

How to make vampires sexy again. Step one: Cast Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Step two: Profit.

The first ever trailer for NBC's Dracula is out and it looks RIDICULOUS, in the best possible way. Filled with Meyers crazy sex eyes, neck baring and a collection of fantastically seductive Victorian costumes — this show might be the salvation for television vampires.

Sadly it's not all fangs and lace, there are some questionable NBC slo-mo vampire fighting scenes that look less than awesome. And somehow, the fake night sky during the rooftop antics channels some terrible Cape memories. BUT it still has Meyers, and it's backed by the people who taught him how to historically hump his way through the hottest old-timey sex scenes we've ever seen on The Tudors. So win win. Also, Dracula invented the lightbulb!

Io9

Jonathan Rhys Meyers Sexes Up NBC's Dracula! Watch The Brand New Trailer HERE!

Of all the shows NBC has announced for the fall, this may be the most intriguing! Yeah, we said it- Dracula has us in his thrall!

Ch-ch-check out the video (above) to see the sexiness Tudors star Jonathan Rhys Meyers brings to the villainous vampire!

You know what we like best about this incarnation of the classic count? (Well, besides Jonathan's shirtless scene!) It's not an update! It's an honest-to-goodness period adaptation!

It's going to be like Downton Abbey! With blood!

Ch-ch-check out the pics (below) to see just how much!

Tags: dracula, fall schedule, jonathan rhys meyers, nbc, trailer

PerezHilton

Edited by Janis_rm - 14/5/2013, 23:13

deborahkk
view post Posted on 14/5/2013, 21:56

E in Italia quando arriverà ? Dovremmo aspettare un bel po'immagino!Cmq sempre bellissimo e seducente...anche nei panni di Dracula!

kiokkio
view post Posted on 14/5/2013, 22:14

uuh 10 settembre?! oddio così tanto!! mi è piaciuto tantissimo il trailer, dev'essere fenomenale!! ma coomunque stanno facendo un casino di pubblicità, mandano anche i messaggi privati su twitter a chi segue @draculanbc...

Thanks for following! You’re entered in NBC's Fall sweeps (http://ow.ly/kT3DB ). WATCH #Dracula videos now: http://ow.ly/kQxfO

Janis_rm
view post Posted on 14/5/2013, 22:15

Mah chissà quando lo vderemo qui da noi!!!! :hmm:

Deborah, non siamo le sole a trovarlo molto affascinante nei panni di Dracula.... leggi un pò gli aricoli che ho postato ;)

Vero, anch'io ho ricevuto il messaggio twitter!!

Bene!! sono contenta che ci sia un bel pò di pubblicità!!

E anche a me il trailer è piaciuto moltissimo!!!
Secondo me la serie promette bene!! :hurrah: :hurrah:

32 replies since 25/7/2012, 18:45   1787 views